Promo Codes allows you to configure discount and promotional codes which your customers can use during checkout.
For each promo code, the following fields are available:
- Code: The code customers must enter during checkout. If left blank, the discount will automatically be applied to any applicable orders.
- Description: A description for your own internal use.
- Amount: The amount. If Type is set to Percent Discount, this value is a percentage. If Type is set to Absolute Discount, this is a dollar value.
- Type: Percent Discount or Absolute Discount
- Free Shipping: If enabled, this promo code will provide free shipping.
- Start Date: The earliest date this promo code can be used.
- End Date: The latest date this promo code can be used.
- Restrict to Member Group: If configured, the promo code will only be able to be used by logged in members in this member group.
- Limit Per User: Limit the number of times this promo code can be used by each member. NOTE: If you enable this option, customers must be logged in before they will be able to use the promo code (otherwise there would be no way to tell which customers have already used the code).
- Total Use Limit: Limit the total number of times this promo code can be used.
- Enabled: If the promo code is disabled, it cannot be used by customers.